Ok perfect

#12 1-5-3-6-2-4

1-5-3-6-2-4

Advanced Member

• Heavy Hitters Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

I'm not sure I know of many '96 cummins with EGR valves and sensors on it. you guys may want to double check that schematic.

#13 khaoskustoms

khaoskustoms

Advanced Member

• Henchmen
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:00 AM

I'm not sure I know of many '96 cummins with EGR valves and sensors on it. you guys may want to double check that schematic.

the egr will be for california trucks only. Prob never see one up here. The rest of the sensors the pcm uses to control the auto trany and the heating grid.

#14 rage

rage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:makin smoke

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

I wouldn't run them heaters for more than 45 secs at a time to avoid burning them out. But your truck sounds like its only going to run in summer time so you could just gut the heater coils out so the air flows better. I've got a gutted houseing for mine for this summer, haven't tryed it yet but i think i could get away with it, would just pack a little ether for the odd cold day.

#15 Pullin81

Pullin81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Anything that looks cool and goes fast.....NO IMPORTS

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

nom how about putting the external voltage regulator on? does a guy just tie the wires into the exsisting read and green wires there or do you have to get rid of that molded plasic peice that the wires go inside of...if anyone has a quick diagram of that i would like that to. also the long back probably a 6 gauge wire where does that go...when i picked up the engine the harness was all torn off of the engine...and honestly im electrily stupid...well thats an understatement electricly retarded haha...Thanks to anyone who can help

#16 Tate

Tate

Eh?

• F**k the Establishment
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

Go on DTR and do a search on external voltage regulators, should give you the info to fix it up. Has something to do with 1st gen parts, but its pretty cheap, IIRC.